Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Special

Easter is here! Yeah. The girls have been waiting for the Easter Bunny to bring some goodies by the house. Tinlsey has been begging for the movie, The Princess & The Frog. I had gone to Wal-Mart to buy baskets & goodies & wow...I spent a small fortune...& on what you might ask. Not much, I must say. A movie & book for each girl, basket, & a little candy. Ok, I didn't just buy Snickers & Reeces eggs. I had to buy the bag of chocolate covered pretzels mixed w/ white chocolate carrots, a giant chocolate painted egg, easter character gummies, decorated sugar cookie on a stick, Godiva bunny, & of course, creme filled eggs. I'll have fun helping them eat the candy! So, as I hurried to finish their baskets Sunday morning and get ready to set them out, John informed me that I had to set them on the front porch. My parents had always just set them out in the living room, but this sounded like a good idea. Santa Claus comes down the chimney & the Easter Bunny drops gifts on the porch. Works for me!
The girls checking out their Easter baskets. Don't you love Tinsley's outfit? She's got quite an ecclectic style & informed us that she had to put shoes on to go outside (even if it's just the front porch)!
YEAH! Princess & The Frog!
After opening baskets, we got ready, finished last minute baking & headed to my parents for Easter lunch.
Tinsey has two baskets because Avery could care less about hunting eggs.
I love this picture of Trini! I think she got most of the eggs & Tinsley did get a little upset.
Instead of hunting eggs, the little ones played. Avery LOVES to swing. She staying in that swing forever, just letting the breeze blow through her hair. Papa twisted the swing & then let it go & she spun & spun & spun...Giggling the whole time!
Don't you love Payton's little tie!
After lunch at my parents, we headed off to Grandma Imogene's for a cookout on John's side of the family. More food, more candy, & more eggs. Here's Ella.
And Alli's just chillin w/ her basket.
Poor Ellyette just watched from the glass door. Her bright blue eyes are insanly gorgeous. She wanted to go play so bad! Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment